Sunday, November 14, 2010

'Bor baidew'(Big didi)


Today I am very happy within and felt like a kid once again in this children's day.My visit to meet and celebrate the children's day with the Anganbari children's were really memorable that even words can't express my joy.Anganbari,a Government-sponsored child -care and mother care center in India.It caters to the children of 0-6 years of age.The word Anganbari means'courtyard shelter'in hindi started by Indian Government in 1975 as an Integrated child and development service program to combat hunger and malnutrition.Today I met Anganbari children's of satgoan at Satgoan puthibhoral(library).Dressed beautifully, each of them were looking bright and happy because it was their day.Children's day is celebrated on the birthday of pandit Jawarhalal Nehru,fondly known as chacha Nehru.One by one cute kids of Anganbari flocked around me....it was a great feeling when a small girl came and kissed me with a rose,I was touched.we all danced,laughed ,played games and had sweets together.Soon I became their favourite bor baidew(big Didi).

No comments: